Monday 14 June 2010

Challenge!

The question always rises, "How much should you ask a learner to achieve?"

Should you go as far as the "average" person can go? Should you consider slow learners? Should you go as far as you can and let who can not cope with you fall?

Each answer, you may give to those questions, have its cons and pros!

In the years I lived as a teacher, I discovered that the students are always capable of coping to a very good extend with what you require them to achieve. If you ask for projects, they will perform well on them; extra homework problems are always solvable; extra research topics are always handeled in a decent way ...

Did I lose some of them in the way? YES ... I am not prowd of that of course, however, the achievement that some of them were capable of doing more that anyone else expected is what keeps me going on! On the other hand, I, definately, learn more when I ask more from my students ... I learn new things, I learn the limits of there performance, I learn what way to teaching is good and what is not!

What would you do? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment